- 19-Jun-2014 to 31-Jul-2014 (EST)
- Glen Sanders Mansion
- Scotia, NY, USA
- Full Time
Position Reports to: Chef and Sous Chef
1. Prepare all passed hor d'oeuvres and accompaniments for all in house functions
2. Prepare all passed hor d'oeuvres and accompaniments for all off-premise functions
3. Assist chef with weekly hor d'oeuvres order
4. Set trays and pass hor d'oeuvres for all in house functions
5. Organize and stock all passing plateware and disposables
6. Assist in development of new items and assist chef in the completion of a recipe book to contain all hor d'oeuvres recipes and photos of completed passing trays
7. Train new employees on hor d'oeuvres production
8. Develop new and interesting ways to enhance all passed hor d'oeuvres
9. Cleans and maintains station in practicing good safety, sanitation, organizational skills.
10. Has understanding and knowledge to properly use and maintain all equipment in station.
11. Assists with the cleaning, sanitation, and organization of kitchen, walk-in coolers, and all storage areas.
12. Performs additional responsibilities, although not detailed, as requested by the Chef or Sous chef at any time as needed
1. Basic understanding of professional cooking and knife handling skills.
2. Understanding and knowledge of safety, sanitation and food handling procedures.
3. Previous prep or line cook experience.
1. English language and professional communications skills are required.
2. Ability to take direction.
3. Ability to work in a team environment.
4. Ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure.
5. Must have problem solving abilities, be self-motivated, and organized.
6. Commitment to quality service, and food and beverage knowledge.
1. This position will spend 100% of the time standing.
2. Occasional environmental exposures to cold, heat, and water.
3. The individual must be able to transport up to 50 pounds on occasion and up to 35 pounds regularly.
4. Must be able speak, read and understand basic cooking directions.
5. Must be able to hear with 100% accuracy with correction.
6. Must be able to see 20/20 vision with correction.
The individual will work directly under Chef and Sous Chef
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!