- 08-Jul-2014 to 21-Jul-2014 (EST)
- Glen Sanders Mansion
- Scotia, NY, USA
- Part Time
Job Title: Banquet Server
Job Type: Full-Time/Part-time
The server's job is to execute Mazzone Hospitality Steps of Service at the highest quality level while maintaining a professional attitude and professional appearance. Various levels of station building are part of the server's job so as to support the Banquet Captain in proper setup of every event.
- Reports to work punctually at the time of scheduled arrival
- Reports to work dressed in complete uniform, clean, and wrinkle-free with name tag, and non-skid shoe.
- Assists in the proper set-up and take down of all banquet functions
- Attends all pre-function briefing meetings to review all details of function with Banquet Captain to insure that all requests, choices and specifics of the guests are met
- Sets-up and details assigned stations according to the model table displayed by the Banquet Captain
- Performs assigned tasks completely and efficiently to ensure the proper preparation and smooth execution of each function
- Follows timing and direction of lead board closely
- Communicates feedback from guests and/or associates to the Banquet Manager and/or Captain
- Is familiar with all food being served at events including preparation, main ingredients, side dishes and garnishes
- Welcomes the guest immediately with a smile, makes eye contact, is attentive, outgoing and enthusiastic
- Takes orders using menu cards with position numbers moving clockwise to avoid auctioning
- Follows Mazzone Hospitalities Steps of Service techniques: Serves and clears from the right, always clear to a cocktail tray, beverages served from a cocktail tray, beverages poured/served over right shoulder, coffee served from butler with shield etc.
- Clears each table thoroughly between courses removing soiled silverware and glassware; re-silvers when necessary before next course
- Quality checks are done as soon as possible after a course is served. If a guest is not satisfied take the plate away and notify the captain immediately
- When possible waters, clears and re-coffees other guest tables, not just your section
- Maintain order of wait stations, does not leave drink glasses, foods to be wrapped or dirty dishes lying around.
- Welcomes new employees. Introduces new staff to our culture, standards and approach to hospitality while mentoring and fine tuning the service skills of new team members.
- Attends all training classes and educational opportunities to continually seek increased knowledge, and to enhance service skills
- Outgoing, pleasant personality, and desire to please guests
- Good organizational and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to lift 30 pounds and stand for 8 hours
- Must have reliable transportation
- Ability to work in a team environment
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!