- 13-Aug-2014 to 30-Sep-2014 (EST)
- Glen Sanders Mansion
- Scotia, NY, USA
- Full Time
About Us: Mazzone Hospitality is always looking for the next best member to join our team. As the largest hospitality company in Upstate NY we continually strive to give the customer the highest level of service and quality at all times. Our employees are motivated, customer oriented and passionate about hospitality. We invite you to experience our versatility and endless creativity.
Job Title: Prep Cook
Job Type: Full-Time
This position offers opportunities for career advancement.
Perform a variety of food preparation dutie, such as preparing hot and cold foods including shellfish and meats.
- Assists chef in the preparation of their food stations
- Clean and sanitize work areas, equipment, utensils, dishes, or silverware.
- Prepare a variety of foods, such as meats, vegetables, desserts, according to customers' orders and supervisors' instructions, following approved procedures.
- Preparing fruits and vegetables by washing, peeling, chopping, grating and slicing for inclusion in side dishes, salads, soups and appetizers.
- Weighing and mixing ingredients for fruit, vegetable and pasta salads.
- Assist cooks and kitchen staff with various tasks as needed, and provide cooks with needed items.
- Make special dressings and sauces.
- Stir and strain soups and sauces.
- High School Diploma or GED
- At least 1 year of food handling and kitchen experience
- Basic culinary knowledge and/or training
- Experience using culinary knives and kitchen utensils in a fast paced environment
- Must be able to work a varied schedule
- Must have reliable transportation
- Ability to lift 30 lbs. unassisted and stand for at least 8 hours
- Solid organization and communication skills
- Strong attention to details
- Good listening skills and ability to follow direction
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
To submit an application for this position, choose the Careers Link at www.mazzonehospitality.com
Mazzone Hospitality is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any protected class.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!