- 14-Aug-2014 to 19-Aug-2014 (EST)
- Mazzone Hospitality
- Scotia, NY, USA
- Full Time
Position: Event Managers
To execute events on an as needed basis, supplements Banquet Managers position. Maximizing client satisfaction and the company's profitability as well as ensuring all aspects are in accordance with Mazzone Hospitality standards are required.
- Two year undergraduate degree
- Minimum one year experience as banquet captain
- Knowledge of banquet equipment, it's uses and care for such equipment
- Ability to satisfactorily communicate with clients, guests, management, co-workers and staff to their understanding, verbally and/or written
- Four year undergraduate degree with a concentration on Hospitality, Event Management, Hotel or Food and Beverage
- Supervisory experience in Food and Beverage
- Ability to enforce Mazzone Hospitality standards, policies and procedures with all banquet staff
- Ability to prioritize and organize work assignments; delegates work accordingly
- Ability to direct performance of banquet staff and follow up with corrective guidance where needed
- Ability to motivate banquet staff and maintain a cohesive team
- Ability to evaluate performance of staff and then proactively approach banquet manager(s) with training recommendations or concerns
- Ability to be a clear thinker in pressure situations and exercise good judgment
- Ability to focus attention on details, speed and accuracy
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of event clients
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Including, but not limited, to the following:
1. Ensures that function rooms and bars are set-up in accordance with customer satisfaction by supervising set-up staff and inspecting function room.
2. Conducts function review with customer; adjusts specifications as necessary and performs follow-up to insure all details are correct.
3. Communicates with banquet chef continuously in a courteous and professional manner, relaying all pertinent information of each banquet function and coordinates the timing of the event in regards to food
4. Assures proper sanitation and hygiene techniques with staff.
5. Insures the timeliness of all banquet activities.
6. Inspects function rooms regularly to ensure the room is maintained and in excellent condition at all
7. Follows and enforces initiatives of training department
8. Ensures smooth service of event as laid out on the function sheet generated by sales department.
9. Monitors service and teamwork on a regular basis and counsels employees on providing this for guests.
10. Supervises pre-event meeting with banquet captain and staff to review event board with outline of the event mapped out and all tasks assigned including server sections on floor plan.
11. Ensures readiness and compliance in case of last minute changes to banquet orders.
12. Assures quality of food and beverage products.
13. Attends periodic meetings for the banquet department.
14. Conducts final meeting with clients before events; for weddings: maps out ceremony and runs rehearsal
15. Maintains safety standards at all times. Immediately informs General Manager of any unsafe conditions.
Directly supervises front of house employees in the Banquet Department on any given event assigned to. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Mazzone Hospitality's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include planning, assigning, and directing work of banquet staff; appraising performance and giving feedback to Banquet Manager in timely fashion; rewarding and disciplining employees; informing Banquet Manager of complaints and resolving problems on-site that may otherwise affect the given event
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and training manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before clients or employees of Mazzone Hospitality.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!