- 27-Dec-2012 to 25-Feb-2013 (EST)
- Latham, NY, USA
- Full Time
The Executive Chef directs all aspects of the kitchen operations including guest service, accounting/budgeting, and inventory control. The Executive Chef directs all operations in alignment with the direction of the General Manager and the Restaurant Manager. Responsible for quality service, meeting/exceeding financial goals, short and long term planning, and day to day operations. The Executive chef will accomplish this through total product knowledge, maintaining established food and labor percentages, and structured management controls.
- Costing and ordering of all food and non-alcoholic beverages
- Menu development to include: appetizers, entrees, sides, desserts, and catering innovative and cutting edge products
- Maintain safety standards at all times
- Train, supervise, and coach all kitchen staff according to company standards
- Schedule and coordinate kitchen staff. Ensure proper staffing for maximum productivity and efficiency
- Ensure high standards of sanitation and cleanliness are maintained throughout the kitchen areas at all times.
- Follow documented recipes and maintain the high quality of food production, presentation, and taste that has been established in our company
- Monitor and coach staff on maintaining consistency in food quality
- Constantly utilize controls to minimize food and supply waste and eliminate theft
- B.S. Degree in Food Service Technology/Management or A.A. Degree in Culinary Arts
- Minimum four years of culinary management experience, preferably upscale restaurant experience
- Good knowledge of food and catering trends with a focus on quality, production, sanitation, food cost controls, and presentation
- Extensive knowledge in local and worldly cuisines
- Exceptional guest relations skills
- Computer skills
- Able to work a flexible schedule
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!