- 22-Mar-2013 to 15-Apr-2013 (EST)
- Hilton Garden Inn
- Clifton Park, NY, USA
- Full Time
Catering Sales Manager
Hilton Garden Inn- Clifton Park
POSITION: Catering Sales Manager
DEPARTMENT: Food & Beverage
REPORTS TO: General Manager & VP of Sales & Marketing
STATUS: Temporary Salaried Exempt. Position will run from July 2013-October 2013
Mazzone Hospitality , the leader in hospitality food & beverage services has an opening for a Catering Sales Manager at the Hilton Garden Inn Clifton Park. The Catering Sales Manager is responsible for soliciting local Food and Beverage events, and servicing the Food & Beverage needs of corporate and social events taking place on property.
- Negotiate, influence and sell prospective clients on food and beverage services.
- Continue in place system for developing and maintaining a local customer base.
- Produce contracts and Banquet Event Orders for each event. Distribute BEOs to staff prior to event and finalize guarantees and details to banquet manager, general manager, and chef.
- Develop event related checklists to streamline catering processes.
- Create deposit schedule based on predetermined standards and follow up with clients on payments due.
- Develop proposals for potential clients and follow through on pending bookings.
- Report on a weekly basis to the VP of Sales & Marketing with information on potential sales leads and existing client relations.
- Work in tandem with hotel rooms sales manager on client tours and sales efforts in soliciting local bookings; large social events, local food & beverage events.
- Maintains an active role in local hospitality community and professional associations.
- Attend in-house event-related meetings and relays immediate changes with other departments.
- Assists senior culinary management in developing menus, packages and other projects.
- Practice continuous efforts toward menu upgrades and increased services.
- Work frequently with banquet manager staff to discuss client set up, issues and event schedule.
- Ensure a successful client event by routine and thorough checking of food standards, room set up and on-time service with the result of client satisfaction. Resolving any client concerns.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
- A strong communicator: be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in written format to management and staff as well as to all types of clients
- Organized, able to prioritize, and have strong time management skills
- Fast paced and able to multi-task with a strong recall memory in order to achieve and maintain high levels of guest activity
- Positive and able to motivate all staff to offer hospitality service which exceeds guests expectations
- Experience in menu planning, event planning or conference planning
- Able to work flexible schedule including weekends (position will include Saturday as a scheduled day of work)
- Knowledge of sales and marketing principles necessary to promote the business.
- Advanced oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Minimum of an Associate's degree or equivalent from two-year College in Hospitality, Communications, Public Relations or related field.
- At least two years experience in Catering Sales, Event Manager or Convention Services Manager.
- At least two years of practical sales experience in hotel, convention center or catering sales.
This position offers a competitive salary and is intended to be temporary to fill a maternity leave from June 2013 – October 2013. All applications must be submitted online and will be accepted until April 15, 2013. All applications must include salary requirements.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
This position has been closed and is no longer available.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW: