- 25-Apr-2013 to 24-Jun-2013 (EST)
- Saratoga National
- Saratoga Springs, NY, USA
- Full Time
To represent the highest standard of excellence in organization and cleanliness in all food storage areas. The primary purpose of this position is to account for the food products that come into the building and ensure appropriate rotations are utilized.
Reports to: Chef
- Punch in the time clock and check the Event Order board for large groups
- Check the communication board for any announcements and memos
- Take the temperatures of all the coolers and record them on the daily Temperature Log
- Follow the FIFO principles to ensure the proper inventory will be used first.
- Upon delivery, visually inspect all products to ensure only quality products are received
- Weight all Proteins and compare weights to invoice.
- Confirm the items that you are receiving matches the invoice by recording a check-mark next to the reviewed area (item, quantity, date, location, description) If you receive a poor quality or damaged product, do not accept the delivery regardless if it is need that day or not.
- Return the product to the driver and inform the chef that the product could not be accepted; when necessary call purveyor directly and make arrangements for quality product to be delivered.
- Utilizing FIFO, unpack and disperse the items to their designated areas
- Keep all coolers, dry good areas and loading docks clean and free from debris
- Removal and disposal of all boxes
- Notify the buffet cooks or the Sous-chef when products need to be used. Follow up to ensure the product is used.
Non-delivery day duties:
- Assist the buffet or line areas with required prep duties
- Clean and organize all storage areas
- Sweep and mop storage area floors
- Label and identify product area (if needed).
- Able to work early mornings, days, evenings, and / or weekends
- Articulately communicates both verbally and in writing
- Able to pass a Criminal Background Check
- Can acquire Food Handler and WHMIS certificates
- Able to safely lift up to 50 pounds unassisted
- Ability to Multi-task efficiently
- Positive attitude
- Willing to learn and take direction
- Some culinary background is preferred
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time-to-time, as needed.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!