- 14-May-2013 to 13-Jun-2013 (EST)
- Mazzone Hospitality
- Upstate, NY, NY, USA
- Full Time
The Banquet Captains job is to supervise the bussers and servers in the event setup, execution and breakdown, including but not limited to station building as well as serving as a liason between the staff, banquet manager, chef and guests. All are to be carried out in accordance to Mazzone Hospitality policies and procedures at the highest quality level while maintaining a professional attitude and professional appearance.
- Executes all job functions of bussers and servers as outlined in job descriptions to highest quality level
- Leads staff by example.
- Reviews all details of function with Banquet manager and chef upon arrival
- Assigns setup tasks and event board prior to staff arrival
- Performs uniform checks of all staff upon arrival; addresses and fixes issue in this matter
- Follows-up on employee assignments to insure that all details have been completed
- Informs banquet manager of disciplinary issues; prepares write ups for improper uniform or insubordination in accordance with Mazzone Hospitality policies
- Reviews with bartender all bar details including type of bar and special requests
- Is familiar with all food being served at events including preparation, main ingredients, side dishes, and garnishes. Communicates any specific instructions and information from chef to service staff.
- Maintains communication with chef throughout event by sharing timing and rhythm of food service as well as guests needs
- Works a station during the event performing Mazzone Hospitality Steps of Service standards, setting an example to other staff members
- Always speaks to fellow staff, managers, and guests in a professional and respectful manner.
- Welcomes new employees by introducing new staff to our culture, standards, and approach to hospitality while mentoring and fine tuning the service skills of new team members.
- Assist in building displays and developing the aesthetics of a function
- May attend facility operations weekly meetings, final meetings, rehearsals, etc
- Performs all duties on Captain opening/closing checklist
- Attends all training classes and educational opportunities to continually seek increased knowledge and to enhance service skills
In this role you must be able to lift up to 30 lbs. unassisted and stand on your feet for up to 8 hours
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!