- 23-Jul-2013 to 20-Nov-2013 (EST)
- Saratoga National
- Saratoga Springs, NY, USA
- Part Time
Job Title: Banquet Busser
Job Type: Part-time
The bussers job is to assist servers and captains in expediting proper service at the highest quality level while maintaining a professional attitude and professional appearance.
- Reports to work punctually at the time of scheduled arrival
- Reports to work dressed in complete uniform, clean, and wrinkle-free with name tag, and non-skid shoes.
- Assists in the proper set-up and take down of all banquet functions
- Attends all pre-function briefing meetings to review all details of function with Banquet Captain. Follows direction of Captain and Managers thoroughly while maintaining quality standards
- Performs assigned tasks completely and efficiently to ensure the proper preparation and smooth execution of each function
- Fills water pitchers, sets out roll and butters, prepares creamers, grated cheese, red pepper, sauces, dressings, sugar plates, etc where as needed
- Stock side stations with extra glassware, silverware, china, coffee cups, napkins, etc when needed
- Sets up and serves the professional vendors (band, photographer etc.)
- Maintains full water glasses for all guests throughout the event
- Removes table numbers and salt/peppers at designated time and stores in designated location
- Follows timing and direction of lead board closely
- Communicates feedback from guests and/or associates to the Banquet Manager and/or Captain Always speaks to fellow staff, managers, and guests in a professional and respectful manner
- Welcomes the guest immediately with a smile, makes eye contact, is attentive, outgoing and enthusiastic
- Follows Mazzone Hospitality's service technique: Open armed service, never crossing in front of a guest as you serve or clear, always serve and clear from and to a tray, beverages poured/served over right shoulder, coffee served from butler with shield etc.
- Maintain order of wait stations, does not leave drink glasses, foods to be wrapped or dirty dishes lying around.
- Welcomes new employees warmly and genuinely
- Introduces new staff to our culture, standards and approach to hospitality while mentoring and fine tuning the service skills of new team members.
- Attends all training classes and educational opportunities to continually seek increased knowledge, and to enhance service skills.
- Outgoing, pleasant personality, and desire to please guests
- Good organizational and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to lift 30 pounds and stand for 8 hours
- Must have reliable transportation
- Ability to work in a team environment
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.