- 25-Jan-2017 to 26-Mar-2017 (EST)
- Saratoga National Golf Club
- Saratoga Springs, NY, USA
- Full Time / Part Time
About Us: Mazzone Hospitality is always looking for the next best member to join our team. We are the largest hospitality company in Upstate NY with three distinct divisions, a la carte restaurants, on and off premise catering and business dining. We strive to give the customer the highest level of service and quality at all times. Our employees are motivated, customer oriented and passionate about hospitality. We invite you to experience our versatility and endless creativity.
Located on the pristine grounds of Saratoga National Golf Club off of Union Ave in Saratoga Springs, Prime at Saratoga National is the premiere dining and event destination in the Spa City especially during the busy Saratoga Race Course season.
Prime at Saratoga National is open to the public for lunch and dinner where guests can dine at the New York style Steakhouse, "Prime" or outside for a casual farm to table experience at "The Terrace". Saratoga National Weddings & Events also operates as an event venue hosting over 500 events annually.
Job Title: Banquet Server
Job Purpose: The Banquet Server executes Mazzone Hospitality steps of service at the highest quality level while maintaining a professional attitude and professional appearance. Delivering hospitality to guests and co-workers. Various levels off station building are to be completed by assisting the Banquet Captain in proper set up of all events.
- Reports to work punctually at the time of scheduled arrival
- Reports to work dressed in set up uniform with complete uniform, clean, and wrinkle-free with name tag, and non-skid shoes, belt, wine key, pen, lighter, core values card.
- Assists in the proper set-up and take down of all catered events including to help load and unload trucks (when there are tent functions)
- Attends all pre-function briefing meetings to review all details of function with Banquet Captain to insure that all requests, choices and specifics of the guests are met
- Sets-up and details guest tables according to the model table displayed by the Banquet Captain
- Performs assigned tasks completely and efficiently to ensure the proper preparation and smooth execution of each function
- Follows timing and direction of lead board closely
- Communicates feedback from guests and/or associates to the Event Manager and/or Captain
- Is familiar with all food being served at events including preparation, main ingredients, side dishes and garnishes, and aware of allergies.
- Welcomes the guest immediately with a smile, makes eye contact, is attentive, outgoing and enthusiastic
- Takes orders using menu cards with position numbers moving clockwise to avoid unprofessional auctioning of entrees.
- Follows Mazzone Hospitalities Steps of Service techniques: Open arm service, never crossing in front of the guest, Serves and clears from the right, always clear to a cocktail tray, beverages served from a cocktail tray, beverages poured/served over right shoulder, coffee served from butler with shield etc.
- Clears each table thoroughly between courses removing soiled silverware and glassware; re-silvers when necessary before next course
- Quality checks are done as soon as possible after a course is served
- When possible waters, clears and re-coffees other guest tables, not just your section to help other servers, working as a team to exceed guest expectations
- Maintain order of wait stations, does not leave drink glasses, food to be wrapped or dirty dishes lying around
- Introduces new staff to our culture, standards and approach to hospitality while mentoring and fine tuning the service skills of new team members
- Attends all training classes and educational opportunities to continually seek increased knowledge, and to enhance service skills through testing and training
- Outgoing, pleasant personality, and desire to please guests
- Good organizational and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to lift 30 pounds and stand for 8 hours
- Must have reliable transportation
- Ability to work in a team environment
Mazzone Hospitality is an equal opportunity employer. This position could be subject to pre-employment background and drug screening. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Sign Up For Job Alerts!