- 16-Mar-2017 to 15-May-2017 (EST)
- Prime at Saratoga National
- Saratoga Springs, NY, USA
- Full Time
About Us: Mazzone Hospitality is always looking for the next best member to join our team. We are the largest hospitality company in Upstate NY with three distinct divisions, a la carte restaurants, on and off premise catering and business dining. We strive to give the customer the highest level of service and quality at all times. Our employees are motivated, customer oriented and passionate about hospitality. We invite you to experience our versatility and endless creativity.
Located on the pristine grounds of Saratoga National Golf Club off of Union Ave in Saratoga Springs, Prime at Saratoga National is the premiere dining and event destination in the Spa City especially during the busy Saratoga Race Course season.
Prime at Saratoga National is open to the public for lunch and dinner where guests can dine at the New York style Steakhouse, "Prime" or outside for a light fare menu at "The Terrace". Saratoga National Weddings & Events also operates as an event venue hosting over 500 events annually.
Job Title: Garde Manger
Job Purpose: The Garde Manger prepares salads, desserts and all other cold side items in a timely manner throughout their shift. In addition to cold side preparations, such as emulsification, dressings, and, charcuterie boards.
- Accurately and efficiently prepare salads and vinaigrettes, charcuterie boards and all accompanying garnishes
- Assist with raw bar production such as shucking, raw bar set up, and all sauces and garnishes associated with the Raw Bar
- Posses strong knife skills and the understanding of the fundamentals of food preparation
- Must be able to read and execute recipes
- Must clearly date and label all products on a nightly basis
- Knows and complies consistently with our standard portion sizes, cooking methods, quality standards and kitchen rules, policies and procedures
- Stocks and maintains sufficient levels of food products at line stations to assure a smooth service period
- Accurately fill out Station Prep list on a nightly basis
- Notify the Chef or Sous Chef of any shortages or items that are 86'd
- Portion food products prior to cooking/serving according to standard portion sizes and recipe specifications
- Maintain a clean and sanitary work station area including tables, shelves, pizza oven, fryers and refrigeration equipment
- Associate's Degree in Culinary Arts preferred
- Previous experience in kitchen preparation and cooking
- Knowledge of culinary equipment
- Flexible schedule, ability to work days and/or nights, weekends and some holidays
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to stand up to 8 hours
- Must have reliable transportation
Mazzone Hospitality is an equal opportunity employer. This position could be subject to pre-employment background and drug screening. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Sign Up For Job Alerts!